1. When bowing to a senior grade, what is the correct protocol? Stand at attention bow to the Senior Grade keep your head down until the Senior raises theirs.
2. What do “I.T.A.”, “I.T.F.” & “A.E.T.F.” stand for? Irish Taekwon-Do Assoc. International Taekwon-Do Federation, All Europe Taekwon-Do Federation.
3. On What date was the “I.T.F.” formed? 22nd March 1966
4. What are the new techniques/ Stances in Joong Gun? (There are 7) 1/ Reverse Knife Hand Block, 2/ Upward Palm Block, 3/ Upward Elbow Thrust, 4/ X/Fist Pressing Block, 5/ X/Fist Rising Block, 6/ Twin Fore Fist Punch, 7/ Twin Upset Punch, Palm Pressing Block.
6. What is the meaning of Joong-Gun? Joong-Gun is named after the great Patriot Ahn Joong Gun who assassinated Hiro Bumi Ito. The first Japanese Governor General of Korea. The 32 movements represent Mr Ahn’s age when he was executed in a Lui Shung Prison (1910)
7. How many movements are in Joong Gun? There are 32 movements.
8. What does the colour Red mean for your belt? Signifies danger, cautioning the student to exercise control and warning the opponent to stay away.
9. What are the meanings of previous patterns / how many movements? As above
10. What are the length and width of new Stances, What is the weight distribution? Low Stance Shoulder and a half length, Shoulder width, 50/50. (Foot longer than walking stance) Rear foot stance 90/10.
11. What is “slipping the foot”? Moving from a shorter stance to a longer stance. as in movements 15 & 18.
12. What is the weight distribution in rear foot stance? 90/10.
13. What is a “Front-Side kick”? A front kick to the side as in movement 2 & 5.
14. At what line of the body does angle punch finish? Opposite chest line.